Getting The Right Cover as a Mobile Mechanic
If you work as a mobile mechanic then you’ll want to protect your business by getting the right type of insurance.
Below is a guide to the different types of mobile mechanics insurance available as well as some ways to save money.
You can get quotes for mobile mechanics insurance here – https://www.traders-insurance.com/mobile-mechanics-insurance/
Types of cover
- Road risks – Road risks cover is certainly something you’ll need when you work as a mobile mechanic. In addition to covering your own van for accidents, it also enables you to work on customer and vehicles and transport them as needed. You can choose what level of road risks cover you want depending on your budget and how much protection you require.
- Liability claims – Liability claims are something that every business owner must be prepared for, including mobile mechanics. The two main types of liability insurance are public liability insurance and employers’ liability insurance. Public liability insurance will cover you for claims from customers and members of the public while employers’ liability insurance will cover you for claims from employees. Even if you only have one employee then you’re still obliged to get employers’ liability insurance.
- Legal fees – Legal fees are an additional type of cover you can have included in a motor trade insurance policy. Fighting liability claims in court can be very expensive so getting legal fees included in your policy is definitely worth considering.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is vital when you rely on your vehicle to make a living. Even if you already have breakdown assistance in place it’s still worth finding out how much it’d be to have it included in your policy as you might be able to save money.
- Get quotes from many providers – Getting quotes from different insurance providers is essential when you’re looking for motor trade insurance (or any other type of insurance). It enables you to make an informed decision on your cover and pick the policy the offers the right cover at the right price. Sites like traders-insurance.com enable you to get quotes from motor trade insurance specialists quickly and easily.
- Make your van secure – Working as a mobile mechanic means you’re going to have a lot of expensive tools in your van. In order to lower the cost of your insurance therefore, you should take any steps you can to make your van more secure and deter potential thieves.